Imagine you have a gaming competition with your friend today, and suddenly, you find out that your Segway Hoverboard isn’t switching on. What will you do now? Do not panic because if the self-balancing scooter fails to switch on, you might be facing one of the following problems:
- Dead battery
Make sure the battery is fully charging, and the connections are secure. Try to charge it again; if it switches on, good enough, and if it doesn’t, take it to an expert for a check-up.
- Loose connections
Check the connections between the battery and the scooter to ensure they are secure. Sometimes without you knowing, the connections can get lost, and the disconnection leads to the battery’s failure to power the scooter. You can either give it a look or ask someone to do it.
- Software issue
If the scooter is not turning on, it could be a software issue. Try resetting the scooter by holding down the power button for 15 seconds. If it switches on, great otherwise, take it to an expert for repair.
- Damaged power switch
If the power switch is damage, the scooter will not turn on. This will require a repair, so get it fixe as soon as possible. The switch usually gets damaged if your scooter has had an accident, but there isn’t much to worry about.
- Damaged controller
If the controller is damage, the scooter will not turn on. Please take it to someone good at fixing the segways Hoverboard for a quick repair.
If you have tried these steps and your Segway Hoverboard is still not turning on, it is best to contact Segway support at SegboTM or take the scooter to a professional for repairs.
How Can I Maintain My Segway?
If you keep your Segway well-maintained, get them service regularly. And ride them carefully, these good gestures can certainly increase the life of your device. To maintain your Segway in good condition, here are some steps you can follow:
- Please keep it clean: Regularly clean your Segway to prevent dirt and debris from clogging the wheels and other parts. Riding it regularly can lead to the building of dirt, which can accumulate and damage the sensors. So, ensure to wipe it clean with a dry or damp cloth.
- Store it properly: Store your Segway in a cool, dry place when not in use to prevent damage to the battery and other components. The moisture built up can damage the battery, so avoid such an environment completely.
- Please charge the battery regularly: Regularly charging can help extend its lifespan and prevent over-discharge. Also, do not overcharge it by keeping it plugged in the entire night.
- Check tire pressure: Regularly check the tire pressure to ensure it is at the recommended level, as underinflated tires can reduce the Segway’s performance and cause damage.
- Lubricate the moving parts: Lubricate the moving parts, such as the wheels and joints, to keep them functioning smoothly and prevent wear and tear. Also, check for loose connections and tighten them.
- Check the firmware: Regularly check for firmware updates to ensure that your Segway has the latest software and bug fixes. For this, you surely need to take it to an expert.
- Inspect for damage: Regularly inspect the Segway for damage, such as cracks in the frame or worn tires, and address any issues promptly.
A few good habits can let you enjoy your Segways for the longest. Also, ensure to buy the right model from the best dealers like SegboTM, so you know you aren’t getting anything faulty. Also, they provide expert assistance and repairs whenever needed.