As consumers, we are always searching for credible reviews regarding a product before making the purchase. Reviews provide the necessary information required by a customer and allow them to make an informed buying decision. So, where do you turn when searching for reviews? For a lot of us, Amazon product reviews are the first place we go.
Amazon, being the giant that it is, has revolutionized the way people shop. Millions of products available worldwide, shipped promptly, and with the convenience of reliable customer feedback. Amazon customers can easily read through reviews given by fellow customers. Even with such an extensive platform, is it the ideal place to search for product reviews? We look deeper in this article, exploring the pros and cons of Amazon product reviews.
Everyone is most likely familiar with Amazon, but how well do you know this platform? Founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos, Amazon has become the world’s largest internet retailer, selling books to cars and everything in between. It’s estimated that millions of customers make some kind of purchase worldwide every month. So, naturally, Amazon reviews become incredibly helpful in the buying process.
Many people consider Amazon reviews valuable, trustworthy and a convenient resource to make an informed decision. Nonetheless, the wrong ones can undermine your shopping experience. Unreliable reviews or biased opinion won’t provide you with the information you’re looking for. That’s why, it’s important to understand the pros and cons of Amazon product reviews.
The Cons of Amazon Product Reviews
1. Lengthy Reviews – Due to the large number of reviews available, you may find yourself reading lengthy reviews for certain products. This can be annoying and even more so if you’re just looking for a succinct opinion.
2. Too Much Information – This relates to the first point. As mentioned, due to the large selection of reviews available per product, customers can get confused and overwhelmed trying to sort out the useful reviews from the ramblings.
3. Low Rating Products are Overlooked – People are naturally biased by high rated products. This can lead them to overlook good low rated products.
4. Favorable Reviews – Some sellers may provide generous reviews regarding their products, leading to highly favorable opinions that don’t give customers an accurate picture.
5. Timing – Sometimes customer reviews just don’t match up. Customers have bought the product but, when they review it, they have a completely different opinion than when they first made the purchase.
The Pros of Amazon product reviews include a significant number of reviews to choose from, event video reviews, a varied selection of products, verification of customer reviews and realistic reviews. The Cons include lengthy reviews too much information, low rated products being overlooked, favorable reviews and customer reviews not matching up to timeframe.
Q. What is Amazon?
A. Amazon is the world’s largest e-commerce store, selling millions of products to customers worldwide.
Q. Is it possible to find accurate reviews?
A. Yes. Amazon has a policy where only verified purchases can provide reviews, which helps to protect customers as much as possible.
Q. Is there a way to find brief reviews?
A. Yes. You can look through the reviews and select those that provide a concise opinion of the product.
Q. How do I know if the reviews are bias?
A. One giveaway would be if the reviewer is incentivized or if they have received some kind of benefit from the product or brand.