Laser hair removal ensures that body hair no longer grows back. This treatment with a laser or light is what we get at a specialized treatment center for laser hair removal in London. Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages. In contrast to shaving, permanent laser hair removal cuts off hair and removes it in the long term. The methods destroy the hair root so that the hair hardly grows back at all.
No method is guaranteed to be permanent: Hormonal changes such as pregnancy can stimulate hair growth again. Nevertheless, permanent laser hair removal removes stubble much longer than shaving or waxing.
Laser hair removal in London with laser or IPL
Medically trained professionals are the better choice for laser hair removal in London.
In permanent hair removal with laser or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), the previously shaved hair is irradiated with high-frequency light. The energy destroys the hair follicle root, so the hair stops growing. Multiple treatments are needed to remove all hair because the light can only ever beat the hair roots currently in a particular growth phase.
The difference between the two methods is the wavelength of the light: a laser uses a smaller spectrum of light. This should lead to fewer side effects than permanent hair removal with IPL. For example, you can do laser hair removal by a dermatologist or have it done by a medical beautician with the appropriate qualifications. You can do permanent hair removal with light at home with a proper IPL device, at the dermatologist, or perform in exclusive studios.
IPL home devices are less effective. We advise having permanent hair removal performed by a specialist. This would also draw attention to individual risks such as skin cancer and, if necessary, advise against risky treatment. This is a better way to avoid side effects. We recommend spending a little more on therapy than risking your health.
Laser hair removal: the advantages
- With methods such as laser hair removal, you will have significantly less hair in the treated areas of the body in the long term without having to shave or epilate regularly. In contrast to epilation, permanent methods cause less or no pain when appropriately handled.
- Depending on how often and with what means you shave, you save a lot of waste with permanent hair removal. Another option is the zero-waste shave.
- Accordingly, the costs are reduced in the long run: You no longer have to spend money on razor blades or treatments in a waxing studio. The expensive treatments can therefore be worthwhile in the long run.
Laser hair removal: the disadvantages
- Laser hair removal is relatively expensive per treatment. Since you need several treatments, the path to hairless skin can quickly cost several hundred bucks.
- Improper treatment can cause burns, scars, and pigment shifts. Some of these should go away on their own.
- The laser hair removal methods are only suitable for some hair colors: Since the melanin in the hair ensures the desired effect, the technique works particularly well with dark hair and light skin. Indeed, very light hair cannot be removed with these methods.
- The skin’s color also influences the result: the darker the skin, the more melanin it contains. Your skin should not be tanned during the treatment so that the contrast between hair and skin is excellent and risks to the skin are reduced. Tattoos and moles are also problems.
- Unlike shaving, the permanent methods did not work immediately. The hair only falls out after a few days.
Advantages and disadvantages at the same time:
The laser hair removal method is permanent. Today, body hair does not correspond to the widespread ideal of beauty – but it does not always have to stay that way. Therefore, you should only opt for permanent hair removal if you are sure that you want hairless skin.
Get in touch at Pure Skin Beauty for safe and affordable laser hair removal in London.